Breaking through the million-dollar sales mark and running 20 percent profit margins are what many consider the Holy Grails of the independent restaurant business. But they are far from impossible to achieve. Profitability and sales growth are deliberate actions that take planning, patience, commitment and determination. Veteran pizza and Italian-restaurant owner Michael Shepherd will share his tried-and-true methods for consistently pulling in 20 percent profits and for growing your business to break the $1 million mark in annual revenues.
This workshop will take you through the fundamentals of running a profitable and sustainable operation. Attendees will learn:
• The importance of a financial model and how it steers your pizzeria or restaurant.
• Partnering with your food vendor for the best pricing.
• Profitable menu engineering.
• How to implement easy portion control.
• How to create a simple labor budget and stick to it.
• How to hold management accountable with incentives.
• The most effective marketing strategies and how to execute them.
In addition to a printed workbook, attendees will receive menu engineering, vendor comparison and labor scheduling spreadsheet tools.